- Cape Verde  (Portuguese: Cabo Verde, Kriolu: Kabu Verdi) is a country in West Africa. It comprises a group of islands of the Atlantic Ocean, west of Senegal. It is part of the region of Islands collectively known as Macaronesia.
Cape Verde is formed by 10 main islands and about 8 islets. The main islands are (clockwise from northwest):
With the cultural capital of Mindelo.
Santa Luzia is uninhabited but can be visited as a day trip from São Vicente.
Rural mountainous island based on agriculture. A quiet and relaxed get away.
Has great beaches, water sports and resorts aplenty.
Even nicer beaches.
Maio Santiago Island
The first island settled in Cape Verde. It holds the current capital Praia, the original capital Cidade Velha, and the bulk of the nation’s population.
A spectacular volcano island which erupted as recently as November 2014.
A small island only accessible by boat and is a great place to get away from it all.
- There are 24 cities in Cape Verde.
- Praia – the capital, on Santiago Island
- Mindelo – port city on São Vicente, probably the country’s liveliest
- Cidade Velha (Ribeira Grande) – A historic town on Santiago
- Espargos is the capital of Sal where the airport is and Santa Maria is the main tourist area at the south of the island
- Assomada is the seat of municipality of Santa Catarina on Santiago
- Santa Maria – former administrative capital and the most populous city on Sal
- Sao Filipe – historic town on Fogo
courtesy ® wikimedia