- Kenya is a country in Eastern Africa. Its Indian Ocean coast lies between Somalia to the north east and Tanzania to the south. Its other surrounding countries are Ethiopia and South Sudan to the north and Uganda to the west.
- Nairobi — The capital city and economic centre of Kenya
- Garissa — A predominantly Muslim town in the east close to Somalia
- Kabarnet — Gateway town for Lake Baringo and Lake Bogoria
- Kisumu — The major town of the west, on the shore of Lake Victoria
- Lamu — Main town of the Lamu Archipelago
- Lodwar — In the north on the main route to South Sudan with access to Lake Turkana
- Malindi — The landing point of Vasco Da Gama in Kenya
- Mombasa — Historic port on the Indian Ocean seafront and probably Africa’s longest continuously settled town
- Nakuru — Lake Nakuru National Park and an active volcano
- Aberdare National Park — cool and cloudy Rift Valley park with lots of large game, and over 250 species of bird recorded
- Amboseli National Park — a swampy lowland Masai park that is one of the best places anywhere in Africa to view large mammals
- Hell’s Gate National Park – a rather small National Park close to Nairobi, which allows you to get out of the car and offers some nice opportunities for rock climbing and some game.
- Lake Nakuru National Park — a stunning 400 species of bird have been recorded here including the largest flocks of Flamingos anywhere on earth
- Lake Elementaita — One of the smaller lakes in the Great Rift Valley recently declared a UNESCO world heritage site. scenic and rich in bird life.
- Masai Mara National Park — probably the most popular reserve in Kenya due to the high concentration of large cats
- Mount Kenya National Park — challenging trekking on high peaks
- Nairobi National Park — virtually in Nairobi and a great option to see large game for those on a tight schedule
- Tsavo East National Park — major game park on the main road from Nairobi to Mombasa
- Tsavo West National Park — popular destination on account of its magnificent scenery, Mzima Springs, rich and varied wildlife, good road system, rhino reserve, rock climbing potential and guided walks along the Tsavo River.
- Meru National Park – It has a wide range of wild beasts like elephant, hippopotamus, lion, leopard, cheetah, black rhinoceros and some rare antelopes.
courtesy ® wikimedia