People generally divide the island into six regions:
- The North (Saint Denis, Saint Marie, Saint Suzanne)
- The Sunny West, the lagoon region
- The Big City of Saint Pierre and the Wild South
- The East, from Saint Rose to Saint Andre
- The Three Circuses (Salazie, Mafate and Cilaos), the mountains and the wild heart of the island
- The Plains (Le Tampon, The Plain of the Palmistes, and The Plain of the Kaffirs) which are agricultural zones in high altitudes.
Hot Cruise Deals
Last Minute Holiday Cruise Deals for July 2017
- Saint-Denis, the capital city.
- Le Port and La Possession, the two large industrial ports of the island.
- Saint-Paul, which has beaches, nightclubs, hotels, and cemeteries.
- Saint-Gilles, situated on the west coast, where all the white sand beaches are.
- Saint-Leu, a well-established city of surf.
- Saint-Pierre, a large city to the south, the second most important town on Reunion Island.
- Etang-Salé, a small town on the west coast with one of the black (volcanic) sand beaches.
- Saint-Benoit, where you can find the vanilla cooperative factory.
Save with Incredible Cruise Offers!
Late Bookings for these Extraordinary Cruises…