- Tanzania  is the largest country in East Africa, bordered by Kenya and Uganda to the north; Rwanda, Burundi, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo to the west, and Zambia, Malawi, and Mozambique to the south
a plateau with grasslands and the capitol Dodoma
the mountainous location of Kilimanjaro
Africa’s “great lakes” and the Serengeti
Pembwe and the Southeast
the hot, humid shoreline
Ruaha National Park, volcanic mountains, crater lakes, natural attractions, waterfalls, beautiful Matema Beach
a coastal island in the Indian Ocean
- Dar es Salaam
Mafia Islands- Mafia Island is Part of the Tanzania Zanzibar Archipelago governed from the Tanzania mainland as one of the six Districts of the Pwani Region. While Zanzibar has become very popular to tourists, Mafia remains much unknown to many. Activities. Mafia Island is the only place in Africa where you can swim along Whale Sharks. Scuba Diving and Snorkeling are among the activities in the area. Nice beach areas and clear sky in some seasons are worth the trip. Reaching. You can reach Mafia by flight from Daresalaam, currently three charter makes trips between the two areas. Coastal Aviation, Tropical Aviation and Auric Air Aviation. You can also reach Mafia by Boat through Nyamisati area. You need to take a small bus from Mbagala bus station to Nyamisati and board a local boat to Mafia. The trip depending on the weather, might take up to 18hrs in total but its cheaper, while the flight takes 30 to 45 minutes. Stay. Various mid luxury lodges are available in Mafia including Mafia Lodge, Kinasi Lodge, Butiama Lodge. Bed & Breakfast place is available in the Islands including Nyumbani Rest House, Whale Shark Lodge, Ibiza Inn and few more.
- Arusha National Park – Home to the 5th highest peak in Africa, the Mt. Meru (4,500m). You can climb it independently.
- Mahale Mountains National Park – See Chimpanzees up close and experience the clear water of Lake Tanganyika.
- Mikumi National Park
- Mount Kilimanjaro – Africa’s highest peak and the world’s highest freestanding mountain. You can climb it with the help of a guide.
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area – includes the Ngorongoro Crater and the Olduvai Gorge
- Ruaha National Park
- Serengeti National Park
- Stone Town
- Tarangire National Park
- Udzungwa Mountains National Park
courtesy ® wikimedia