- [Turkey] (Turkish: Türkiye) is on the Mediterranean, in the Anatolian region of West Asia, with a small section in Southeastern Europe separated by the Turkish Straits (Bosphorus, Sea of Marmara, and Dardanelles).
The Kombos — The Atlantic coast and areas near the mouth of the river.
The rest of the country, less populated and visited only by the adventurous.
- Abuko Nature Reserve — tiny reserve near the beaches with shady paths to get close to monkeys, bushbucks, chameleons, and crocodiles.
- Bao Bolon Wetland Reserve — mixed patched of thick forest and swamp most noteworthy for its migratory birds but also home to dugongs, otters, hogs, antelope, & hippos.
- Makasutu Cultural Forest — a large eco-tourism project near the beaches popular as a package day trip with game drive, boat ride, & performances by locals.
- Ecovillage de Kartong — a coastal village, one of the oldest in the Gambia, in the southern frontier of the country next to Casamance known for birdwatching, for its white sandy beaches. The Kartong association for responsible tourism (KART +220 7025081) offers bike tours, cooking classes and ecotourism activities.
courtesy ® wikimedia