- The Sultanate of Brunei (Negara Brunei Darussalam) officialy Nation of Brunei, the Abode of Peace is a small but – thanks to natural gas and petroleum resources – very rich country located in Southeast Asia.
Brunei has four districts (Malay: daerah)
Brunei and Muara
Heart of the country where the capital Bandar Seri Begawan is located.
Lies under the coverage of the virgin forest, scattered small scale plantations.
Western-most district, also the centre of the country’s petroleum industry. Seria town is a small oil town.
Isolated eastern district, separated from the rest of country by the Sarawak district of Limbang.
- Bandar Seri Begawan — the capital, sometimes known as “Bandar” or “BSB” for short.
- Bangar — the tiny district capital of Temburong district.
- Kuala Belait — town to catch transport to or from Miri, Sarawak.
- Muara — main port of Brunei with passenger ferries to Labuan and Sarawak.
- Seria — oil capital of Brunei, also known as “Shelltown”.
- Tutong – full of virgin forest and the beauty of nature including Tasek Marimbun
Gadong; shopping centres where the biggest mall in Brunei located. Local markets can be found just next to the building. Full of local shophouses from cheap T-shirt to cheap food, even car’s workshop!
Serusop; newly shopping complex. New malls and affordable Times Hotel. Serusop located just 5 min from Brunei International Airport. The new trend for youth hang out place.
Tasek Merimbun; famous lake located in Tutong district.
Pantai Gadong, Pantai Muara and Pantai Serasa; the must visit beaches in Borneo.
Kiulap; Shophouses and Shopping Mall.
Kampong Ayer; the very old, traditional kind of the Venice of the East. It is not a shopping complex but only cover with full of traditional and modern floating water villages.
courtesy ® wikimedia