Portugal shares the Iberian peninsula at the south-western tip of Europe with Spain. Geographically and culturally somewhat isolated from its neighbour, Portugal has a rich, unique culture, lively cities and beautiful countryside.
A historic region that is considered the birthplace of the nation. Includes the second largest city, Porto.
- Lisbon – national capital, city of the seven hills
- Aveiro – the “Venice” of Portugal
- Braga – city of Archbishops
- Coimbra – home of the ninth oldest university in the world.
- Évora – “Museum City”, Alentejo regional capital
- Funchal – the capital of Madeira
- Guimarães – the founding place of the nation
- Porto – “Unvanquished City”, along the river Douro and the Atlantic Ocean
- Viana do Castelo – Famous for the Nossa Senhora da Agonia Festival.
- Albufeira – Main tourist destination in the Algarve
- Faro – The administrative centre of the Algarve
- Fátima – Pilgrimage destination
courtesy © wikimedia.com